We are happy to inform you that the application for
FAO–Hungarian Government Scholarship Programme 2023-2024
The following Master of Science degree course is offered in English for the 2023–24 academic year:
- Master in Agricultural Water Management Engineering
- Master in Biotechnology
The following university and faculty participates:
- Hungarian University of Agriculture and Life Sciences: Szent István Campus, Budapest
Courses will be offered provided the minimum number of students is reached.
The scholarship will cover:
- application and tuition fees throughout the study period with basic books and notes;
- dormitory accommodation;
- subsistence costs;
- health insurance.
All of the above mentioned costs are financed by the Hungarian Government, according to the Agreement between FAO and Hungary in 2007.
Residents (who must be nationals) of the following countries are eligible to apply for the Scholarship Programme:
Afghanistan, Albania, Algeria, Angola, Azerbaijan, Armenia, Bangladesh, Belarus, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Burkina Faso, Cambodia, Chad, Congo, Democratic People's Republic of Korea, Egypt, Ethiopia, Gambia, Georgia, Ghana, Jordan, Kazakhstan, Kenya, Kosovo*, Kyrgyzstan, Lao People's Democratic Republic , Lebanon, North Macedonia, Madagascar, Mali, Myanmar, Republic of Moldova, Mongolia, Montenegro, Namibia, Nigeria, State of Palestine, the Philippines, Cabo Verde, Serbia, Somalia, South Sudan, Sudan, Tajikistan, Turkmenistan, Uganda, Ukraine, Uzbekistan, Viet Nam, Yemen
*References to Kosovo shall be understood to be in the context of Security Council Resolution 1244 (1999).
Candidates will be selected on the basis of the following criteria:
- Citizenship and residency of one of the eligible countries
- Excellent school achievements
- English language proficiency (for courses taught in English)
- Good health
- Age (candidates under 30 are preferred)
Applications should be submitted via email from 15 January to 28 February 2023!